As a hotel we know how important the privacy of our guests is. This also applies to your personal details. We treat privacy and privacy-sensitive data with care within the limits of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet). In this Privacy & Cookie Statement we inform you about the way in which we process personal data, for which purposes we process personal data, how you can exercise your privacy rights, and other information on how we handle personal data. Personal data is data that can be used to identify an individual or that can be linked to an individual.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement applies to all activities on all websites and apps (hereinafter referred to as: ‘Websites’ and ‘Apps’) of companies and trade names of: Alexander Hotel. Personal data may be exchanged between the group companies of Alexander Hotel.
For what purposes does Alexander Hotel process personal data?
Alexander Hotel processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Bookings & requests: we use your personal data for processing, completing and fulfilling bookings (including online bookings).
- Service: we use your personal data to be able to provide services before, during and after your stay, for instance to contact you to respond to or deal with requests you have made or because we have questions regarding your booking or request.
- Compliance with legal obligations. Alexander Hotel processes your data in order to comply with legal obligations, such as tax obligations;
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact details to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other guests to choose the accommodation that suits them best. If you submit a guest review, it may be posted on our website anonymously.
- Promotional purposes. This includes conducting giveaways and promotional campaigns, sending newsletters, displaying offers and information, sending user information, service messages or other electronic messages on Alexander Hotel Websites and Apps and elsewhere via advertising networks and social media channels, such as Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Profiling purposes. This includes sharing and combining personal data within Alexander Hotel group companies to develop a profile so that we can better tailor the content of our Websites and Apps, information, advertising, products and services to your interests and behaviour.
- Development and analysis purposes to further develop and improve our Websites and Apps, for statistical analysis and market research, such as anonymous measurement of the response to our giveaways and promotional campaigns and sending anonymous surveys.
What personal data does Alexander Hotel collect?
- The Alexander Hotel processes your personal data because you make use of our services and/or because you share that data with us. The personal data that we process is listed below:
– Forename and surname
– Telephone number
– Email address.
- Information about your stay, including date of arrival and departure, special requests, comments about your service-related preferences; including room preferences, facilities or other services used.
- Other personal data that you actively share with us, for instance on diet and allergies, by mentioning it on the telephone or in correspondence.
- Credit card details if needed in order to reserve certain prices (including promotional prices) – type of card, credit card number, expiry date and security code.
- Information that you provide regarding your marketing preferences.
- Interaction data, such as IP address, browsing behaviour on the Websites and Apps, clicking behaviour, location data, cookie ID and contact with Customer Service or Customer Care
You can always decide which personal data you wish to share with us (where applicable and in compliance with the law). If you decide not to share certain personal data, this may have an impact upon our services.
Quality and liability
If you provide personal data to Alexander Hotel, you are responsible for its correctness and for keeping it up to date. Except in the case of intent or gross negligence, Alexander Hotel shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or consequences of activities undertaken on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information provided by you.
To whom does Alexander Hotel provide personal data?
Alexander Hotel will only provide personal data to third parties if this is permitted and if it is done with care. Personal data will only be provided to third parties if you have given your consent or if this is permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For example, Alexander Hotel provides personal data to police, judicial or anti-fraud organizations when necessary to fulfil a legal obligation or legitimate interest of Alexander Hotel.
How long does Alexander Hotel store personal data?
Alexander Hotel will not store personal data for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes. The retention period of personal data depends on the purpose for which the personal data is used. For example, certain personal data processed for tax purposes must be retained for seven years. Once your personal data is no longer needed, it will be anonymized or deleted.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on or read from your peripherals during your visit to a Website, for example, in your browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone. This text file is used to store or consult data, sometimes personal data. On the basis of this data (personal and otherwise) you can be recognized at a later visit.
For what purposes does Alexander Hotel place cookies?
- Technically necessary Cookies. These Cookies are necessary to enable the technical operation of our Websites, Apps, services or tools.
- Functional Cookies. These Cookies are used to provide functionality for the purpose of using our Websites, such as the ability to store preferences on a Websites and other functionalities, whether or not within the duration of the relevant session.
- Some apps need to know when you are in a specific location, otherwise they won’t work properly. A Alexander Hotel App can only use your location information if location services or Bluetooth are enabled for that App.
- Analytical cookies. Alexander Hotel uses Google Analytics and other analytical Cookies in a privacy friendly manner, to analyse how visitors use our Websites and Apps. For example, it allows Alexander Hotel to improve the user-friendliness of a Website and App.
The privacy and cookie statements of the relevant third parties apply to the data (personal and otherwise) processed via third-party cookies. Alexander Hotel has no influence on this.
Alexander Hotel will always ask you whether you want to allow cookies for each Website (i.e. for each domain). You will therefore not give permission once only for all Websites of brands and trade names that fall under Alexander Hotel.
What data (personal and otherwise) does Alexander Hotel collect via Cookies?
Alexander Hotel collects your IP address and MAC address (anonymized where possible), browsing and clicking behaviour, cookie identifiers, technical characteristics (such as the browser you are using and the resolution of your computer screen), the page from which you came to Alexander Hotel Websites, when and for how long you visit or use our Websites and Apps, whether you use the functionalities of our Websites and Apps, which pages you visit on our Websites and which screens of the Apps you view.
By changing your browser settings you can indicate that your browser may not accept Cookies (from our Websites). However, if your browser does not accept Cookies from our Websites, you may not be able to access certain functionalities of our Websites or you may not be able to use all functionalities. If you wish to decline the use of Google Analytics cookies, you can set this in your browser by rejecting cookies from Google and/or Google Analytics via your browser or by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout). For more information about third-party cookies and your opt-out options, see http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/participating-networks.
You cannot change the settings of Apps so that they will work without storing and reading Cookies. However, you can set up Apps so that no data is shared with Alexander Hotel. Please note that the Apps may not work (or may work only incompletely) as a result. If you have decided to accept Cookies and you wish to terminate this at a later time, we recommend that you first delete your App account, if any, and then the App itself. We will delete the data that can be traced back to a person and process other data anonymized for analysis purposes. Apps usually offers an option to easily disable the Bluetooth functionality and the location feature. For other questions and requests, you can always contact us via the channels below.
The Alexander Hotel implements reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to and misuse of data, including personal data. We use appropriate company systems and procedures to protect data, including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions in relation to access to and use of the personal data held on our servers. Personal data can be accessed only by authorised staff during their work.
Your options and rights
We want you to remain in control of how we use your personal data. You have the right to access your personal data and to have it corrected or erased. You can submit a request for access, correction or erasure at any time. If you have any questions concerning the use of your personal data, please feel free to contact us.
When was this Privacy & Cookie Statement last amended?
Alexander Hotel reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy & Cookie Statement. You are responsible for keeping up to date with the latest version of this Privacy & Cookie Statement. Alexander Hotel therefore recommends that you check on a regular basis whether any adjustments have been made. If you do not (or no longer) agree with this Privacy & Cookie Statement (or any changes thereto), you may no longer use our services, Websites and Apps. You will find the date of the last adjustments at the bottom of this clause.
How to contact Alexander Hotel?
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Alexander Hotel Customer Service by telephone, via the website or by post.
- The Alexander Hotel can be reached daily from 7 am to 11 pm via telephone number 0031-71-3618900.
- You can write an e-mail to email@example.com
- Mail can be addressed to:
2202 CJ NOORDWIJK
This Privacy & Cookie Statement was last modified on: 24/05/2018 09:35